Public Relations Intern
Launched in 2011, Impact Hub Westminster is one of the largest of a global network of collaborative workspaces. Our primary aim is to support organisations with positive social and environmental impact at the heart of their missions.
We provide a 12.000 sq. ft. platform for collaborating, connecting, making and learning for more than 450 members in a wide array of sectors, but united by a dedication to values-driven enterprises and social innovation. In short, people who are actively contributing to good business and helping to develop successful and sustainable business models.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Public Relations Intern who is looking to gain experience, broaden their knowledge and help to tell the story of Impact Hub Westminster and our members.
The role will give you an opportunity to get involved with many different areas of PR, giving you a chance to make new contacts and work with members of our community. It will include:
- Writing press releases, news stories, articles and case studies
- Building a database of contacts and fostering new relationships
- Pitching press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering stories
- Responding to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arranging interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitoring media coverage and reporting results
- Brainstorming fresh ideas for PR campaigns
You are passionate about PR, working with a local community, social entrepreneurship and supporting our members and partners. You will already have some experience in PR and media relations, preferably with an agency or as a student. You will have a strong understanding of the UK media landscape, a nose for news and a skill for crafting high quality press releases.
The ideal candidate:
- Currently in PR/PR related degree or recent PR Graduate
- Has successfully designed campaigns
- Creative writing which includes exceptional research and writing skills
- Is media savvy and able to use a plethora of channels to host conversations
This is a part time, 2/3 days per week position. Travel expenses will be covered (capped)
Applications containing a cover letter and CV can be sent to Camilla James at firstname.lastname@example.org